Note: All posts below are sorted by date, from newest (on top) to oldest (on bottom). It sometimes helps the following of certain post series if the same are read in the order they were written.

2009-07-20

Let us question then...

After having my revealing moment at a young age, I decided to start asking questions.
Asking does not always come natural to us. Sometimes the explanations given to us seemed reasonable when they were not, sometimes we like the explanation enough not to ruin it with questions, and sometimes we just don't even feel like over thinking it.

Having grown heavily into a Roman Catholic environment (which is not the same as saying that I was heavily put into religious environments, just that everyone around me was the same as I was) it all settled naturally in my young mind. God was looking out for us, I had a guardian angel like my grandmother once told me, and I was happy.
Just like any other "truth" given by my older role models, I believed.

At this point, I had noticed that adults were ok with the idea of telling children something false, and later admitting it was all a lie: Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy, the Boogeyman, etc...

So that is when I started questioning my religion as well. I wanted to be sure I understood perfectly well why I believed what I had been taught.
The day I started getting some "I don't know" for an answer, was the day I knew I could not stop asking, and the questions kept on coming. The day that I heard an "I don't know" for an answer, followed by "God's ways are higher than ours", I felt someone was telling me to stop asking, and just believe. I had then convinced myself that grown ups were trying to convince me not to demand answers, or explanations; worse: they did not know some of the answers as well!
I felt an excitement about having found an unknown to it all, and curiosity settled in. I was really on to something!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: You have just read the most recent posts. Feel free to browse our label section for a specific subject, and our archive where all posts are organized by date.